Hi, I’m Mary, a foodie and movement enthusiast, Registered Dietitian, Yoga teacher, Pilates instructor, and educator. I love hiking on the Bruce Trail, trying out new local restaurants, laughing, and smiling. I became interested in nutrition and movement at age 14 after researching Registered Dietitians (RDs) for a school project and attending my first yoga class. Until then, I was a picky eater, barely eating any vegetables, and had a poor body image. My budding interest in nutrition led me to try new foods and learn to cook. This along with discovering the healing and mindful practice of yoga led me to where I am today.
I work with clients to help them become the healthiest versions of themselves, inside and out, through empowering them to make small changes and creating a supportive environment. Food and movement are essential parts of life, yet it is easy to get busy with other things and not leave enough time to take care of ourselves. I strive to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and individualized solutions to help you reach your nutrition and health goals. I believe that all foods can fit and have a strong interest in helping people to have a healthy relationship with food and their body. I practice nutrition agonism, meaning that there is no one size fits all approach to healthy eating. There are as many approaches as there are people, and my role as an RD is to help you figure out what will work best for you right now, given your likes, dislikes, health conditions, and life situation.
I am passionate about nutrition education and currently teach a vitamin and mineral metabolism course at the University of Toronto in the Department of Nutritional Sciences and a nutrition education course at the University of Guelph.
I find weekend meal prep to be one of the easiest ways to eat healthy during a busy week. Why make one meal when you can make 6? I will even answer to ‘Meal Prep Mary’!
- Dietetic Internship (year-long practical training to become a Registered Dietitian), London Health Sciences Centre
- MSc. in Human Health and Nutritional Science, University of Guelph
- BSc. in Human Nutrition with First Class Honours, St. Francis Xavier University
- Certified Diabetes Educator, a certification achieved in 2017
- STOTT Pilates Mat and Reformer training, The Pilates Body
- Total Barre Foundations Course, STOTT Corporate Training Centre
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, De La Sol Yoga Studios
- College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Dietitians of Canada
- Canadian Nutrition Society; Member of the Education Committee